The Workington Festival of Running consists of three races:
- 12:00pm – 1K fun run
- 12:30pm – 5K
- 1:30pm – 10K
Closing date for online entries is 12.00 noon on Friday 2 August 2019.
Workington Leisure Centre, Griffin Street, Workington CA14 2DX
Parking is available near the Leisure Centre and within the town. Toilets are available within the Leisure Centre.
Registration will be at the Leisure Centre.
Prize giving will take place outside of the Leisure Centre. More details will be provided on the day.
Race numbers & race day information
Race numbers will be issued at race registration. Entries on the day will be available subject to maximum entry of:
10K - 250
5K - 200
1K - 150 (online entries closed. 50 numbers available on the day.)
Parents can run without a number to accompany children. Participants finishing without a number will not receive a medal or a certificate.
Opens at 10:30am for all races. Entries will not be taken after 12:15pm.
1K fun run – FREE (note that this race is not timed)
5K - £6
10K - £10
For the 5k and 10k, a £2 discount is offered for UKA affiliated runners. Please note that during the registration process your British Athletics/UKA membership will be checked and if valid the appropriate discount will be applied. Scottish Athletics and Welsh Athletics members can also obtain the discount by entering their membership number into the appropriate field.
An additional cost of £2 for the 5K and 10K races will be applied for entries on the day.
A £2 discount (shown as £1 discount per race) will be applied for entering both the 5k and 10k races – this is only available on pre-entries and only applies when the same person enters both distances on the same order.
An administration fee of £1 will be applied to each paid entry by our online entry system partner, Results Base.
· The race will start on the Black Path and head west, when the runners reach William Lane they will turn left.
· They will then take the next left on Griffin Street, they will continue towards the leisure centre where the finish will be located on the approach road to the staff car park at the South end of the centre.
· The 5km race is a clockwise loop, this race will start on Griffin Street,approx 200m from the Leisure Centre.
· After turning left at Opera Bingo onto the cycle track, the runners will cross Navvi’s bridge and head North West along Northside Road.
· The runners will be directed North on the cycle path. They will then be directed over the A596 pedestrian bridge where they will head South East on the cycle track taking them past the drinks station adjacent to Dunmail Park.
· When the runners reach a fork in the cycle paththey will be directed south towards Workington town centre, they will then cross Navvi’s Bridge for the second time before finishing at the Sports Centre (same location as 1km and 10km races).
· This is an out and back course.
· The 10km race starts on the Black Path and heads west, when the runners reach William Lane they will turn left.
· They will then take the next left onto Griffin Street and run towards the Leisure Centre.
· After turning left at Opera Bingo onto the cycle track, the runners will cross Navvi’s bridge and head NorthWest along Northside Road to Oldside.
· The runners will be directed North on the cycle path.
· They will then be directed over the A596 pedestrian bridge where they will then head South East on the cycle path taking them past the drinks station adjacent to Dunmail Park.
· When the runners reach the fork in the cycle path they will be directed north towards Seaton to a marshalled turning point.
· They will then return the same way as the went out until they cross Navvi’s bridge. At this point they will turn right into the Leisure Centre where the finish will be located (Same location as the 1km and 5km races).
This is an officially measured and certified accurate course by the Association of UK Course Measurers.
A full course risk assessment will be on display at the event HQ on race day together with maps of the route, the race permit and the measurement certificate in accordance with UKA rules (Permit No TBA).
Race safety briefing
There will be a race briefing prior to the start of each race.
First aid provision will be provided and organised by Workington Town Council.
There will be a lead bike and sweeper runner.
Prizes will be presented outside of the Leisure Centre. This will take place once all runners have completed the course. Information will be provided on the day.
If you are unable to stay please arrange for someone to collect your prize for you.
Medals for all finishers in of the 1K and 5K races. Festival of Running drawstring bags to all finishers of the 10K race.
Certificates to all finishers.
1K – certificate, medal and sweets for finishers.
5K - 1st, 2nd & 3rd Male & Female plus 1st female and male junior (11 -17 years).
10K – 1st, 2nd & 3rd Male & Female,plus prizes for veteran male and female in 5 year categories from age 35, plus 1st female and male junior (15 – 20 years).
Any age grouper that finishes in an overall prize position (1st, 2nd or 3rd Male or Female) will receive the overall prize. That age group prize will then roll down to the next person in that age category.
ResultsThe full race results will be available live and will be published as soon as possible on www.cumberland-ac.weebly.com and www.visitworkington.co.uk/festivalofrunning
Withdrawals and number swaps will be allowed up until 27 July 2019. Refunds may be subject to a charge to cover costs of processing the entry and refund. After this date no refunds or change of runner can be guaranteed.
Please contact Sheila McVeigh, Race Organiser email@example.com who will organise refunds and change of details.
|Starts at 13:30|
Price per participant
|Price||£10.00 + fee|
|Starts at 12:30|
Price per participant
|Price||£6.00 + fee|
|Starts at 12:00|
In case of questions about the event please contact Cumberland AC: