Marshall Milton Keynes AC
Wolverton 5k at Willen Lake
Sunday 20th December 2020
A fast flat course on traffic-free 'redways' at Willen Lakeside, Milton Keynes
This is a new 5k race around the north and south lakes at Willen and will be held on Sunday 20th December 2020, starting in waves of 10 from 11am.
Entry is limited to UKA members and you will need to provide a previous 5km PB time so we can set the starts so the fastest go first. The first two races will be the Elite Women's A and B races.
Elite Athletes (Men sub 14:20 and Women sub 17:00) and fully paid up members of Marshall Milton Keynes AC can obtain free entry by emailing Elliot Hind at Wolverton5Elite@gmail.com
Entry fee: £15 (affiliated) £17 (non-affiliated)
Prizes, based on the fastest chip times, will be mailed to the winners after the event:
- 1st / 2nd / 3rd Male
- 1st / 2nd / 3rd Female
The wearing of personal stereos is not permitted in any race under UK Athletics rules. You run the risk of disqualification.
Please note that during the registration process your British Athletics/UKA membership will be checked and if valid the appropriate discount will be applied. Scottish Athletics/jogscotland and Welsh Athletics members can also obtain the discount by entering their membership number into the appropriate field.
Sponsored by Results Base and Body Limits
An administration fee of £1 will be applied to each entry by our online entry system partner, Results Base.
Directions to Willen Lake
From Junction 14 of the M1 Motorway, head for Milton Keynes; At the first roundabout, turn right onto the A509; Over the first roundabout and at the second turn left onto the V10, Brickhill Street; Follow car parks signs into the Willen Lake North car parks. Please note that these are pay just before you exit.
The race registration and number collection (plus toilets) is at the Willen Lake Splash Park, with the Start/Finish area on the Events Field in front of the Splash Park.
Please note that no numbers or information will be issued prior to the race. Numbers and chips will be collected on race day, so please allow sufficient time to collect your number.
- Athletes living in tier 3 areas must not enter the event. Athletes who live in tier 2 areas on entry, where the area is subsequently changed to tier 3, will not be allowed to race and will have their entry fees refunded.
- Athletes will be set off in socially distanced groups of 10 every minute.
- Athletes will be given a time to be at the start line which will be approximately 30 seconds prior to your start group
- Runners will be expected to complete their warm-up, collect their number/chip between 20 and 10 minutes before their race, turn up at the holding area one minute before their race, and not linger at the finish after they have completed the course.
- Runners must stay away from the start area until 10 minutes before their race.
- Runners must not leave items of clothing in the start or finish areas. Leave clothing in your vehicle.
- Participants must follow the UKA code of conduct (see https://www.runbritain.com/
- Your race time will be sent to you by SMS shortly after you have completed the race (also available live on Results Base) and will be available from Power of Ten by 8am on Monday morning.
- Social distancing must be maintained before the start and after the finish.
- You are strongly advised not to run in close contact with any other runner in your race for more than 10 minutes.
- You should not take part in this event if you are feeling unwell on the day.
- You cannot enter this event if you live in a tier 3 area or an area that is locked down.
- Your entry fee will be refunded if your area is locked down or changed to tier 3 after your entry has been accepted.
- Spectators, other than a single chauffeur, must not attend this event to comply with the guidelines (see https://www.runbritain.com/