The Cumbrian Cracker is one of the original Lakeland cycle sportives. It’s a 60 miles route which starts and finishes in Grasmere village and climbs ‘Red Bank’ within the first mile! The route continues round the back of Coniston Water to reach the food stop at Cartmel scout hut. The return leg then weaves it’s way through fantastic country lanes, via Grizedale forest, Hawkshead and Ambleside. The route is undulating but does not climb any of the major passes. The roads in South Lakeland are some of the best you will ever ride and well worth the trip! This is a classic Autumn sportive and an EPIC day out on the bike, make sure you join us!
Grasmere Village Hall, Broadgate, Grasmere, Ambleside, LA22 9TA
Date and Time
Sunday 21st November 2021
Start times between 7:30am & 9:00am
What do I need to enter the event
- A roadworthy bike (mountain bikes and hybrids are acceptable) and recognised cycle helmet.
- You must be medically sound and if you have any history of illness or injury, consult your GP beforehand.
- You must be 16 years of age or over on the day of the event.
How much to enter
Entry will cost £25 and will close either at midday on the Friday prior to the event or when the event fills, whichever occurs first.
Included within your entry fee is
- Free hot food at Finish Area
- Well stocked feed station on the route
- Mechanical and medical support
- Electronic Timing
- Free event photos
- Finishers medal
Where can I find out more about the course and the event
To read more about the event and what to expect on the day, read the event ‘guidance notes’ etc CLICKING HERE