Athlete Information Pack
Thank you for entering the MK Winter Half Marathon. We hope your training has gone well and you’re injury free. Below are a few important details for race day and links to other useful pieces of information!
Willen Lake Showground, Brickhill St, Milton Keynes MK15 0DJ
Please see the link here for parking at and around the venue: Please note that only car parks 3, 4, 5 are free, all other car parks are Pay & Display, please bring cash with you. Please DO NOT park in either Gullivers Land or the Eco Park!
• If you come by bike we will have a place to store it but we suggest that you bring a lock – you can leave the keys with us!
Registration will be on the 7th December (1pm-4pm) and 8th December (8am-9:45am) in the large marquee marked registration.
• If you have already collected your race pack you will not need to attend registration on the day.
• If you are looking to register before the event we will be selling 75 places on the 7th and 25 places on the 8th December. Please note these entries are not guaranteed a medal/t-shirt, though this is highly unlikely. If you wish to register please bring cash.
• Our registration will be divided in to queues sorted by SURNAME.
• Transfers of your number to another participant will incur a £5 cost - details MUST BE updated to ensure the safety of the runner; failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Race Pack Collection:
You can collect your pack from DW Sports Centre until the 5th December at 3pm. Race pack collection is also available at the race venue on Saturday 7th December from 1pm-4pm and Sunday 8th December from 8am-9:45am.
Post My Pack:
Race packs will be posted out by the 21st November please allow 5-7 days for them to get to you.
Each race number will have a tear off strap at the bottom, this is for any baggage that is needed to be stored. Have your bag/items ready with the tag attached before heading to Bag Drop located in one of the large marquees.
• You will need your race number after the event to collect your items afterwards.
Portaloos will be available at the event village.
We will have a warm-up on stage courtesy of DW Sports at 9:40 and a briefing on the start line at 9:50am, with the race starting at 10:00am
As this is a UKA certified event which has road crossings this is officially a BONE CONDUCTING HEADPHONE ONLY event. Anybody seen wearing other headphones will be disqualified. This is in the interest of safety so you can hear what is happening.
There are FOUR water stations on the route: 3 miles, 6 miles, 9 miles & 12 miles.
• There will be a variety of sweets at water stations 2 and 4, please note that we will not have gels on the course so you will need to bring your own.
PLEASE only drop litter within the marked litter zones which extend 100m from each Water Station. Any athlete found to have littered on route will be disqualified.
Medals & Finisher T-shirts:
Receive your medal and finishers t-shirt at the end of race.
• Please note you will be given a t-shirt size as indicated on your race bib - we will only offer size exchanges at the end of the event.
There will be sweets and water at the finish in addition to the following concession stalls you can indulge in! Please bring cash with you.
Wesley’s Pizzeria – Mouth-watering selection of tasty wood-oven fire pizzas!
Flanci – Stylish and colourful sportswear (and 10% off online too for all MK Winter Half athletes!)
Funky Elephant – Warm yourself up from the inside out with their Caribbean and Northern Indian Cuisine.
Little Horsebox Bar – What more do you need after a half marathon than a mulled wine, a bailey’s hot chocolate, a prosecco, a beer, gin, cider – should I go on?
Really Awesome Coffee – Here to keep you warm and toasty all day with gourmet hot drinks at competitive prices!
Prizes will be awarded to the first 3 male and female finishers. DW Sports will also be supplying several spot prizes for athletes such as dry bags and free PT sessions at the gym!
There will be no age group prizes.
SportCam will be supplying your official race photographs!
When leaving the venue please be cautious of runners who may still be finishing and ensure you do not disrupt their race.
We hope you really enjoy the MK Winter Half Marathon. If you have any feedback after the race, then please get in touch to: info@big-cow. com.
We look forward to seeing you on the day.