Southport Sprint and Standard Distance Triathlon attracts triathletes of all abilities, from complete novices to elite competitors. Based at Waterside Lodge, a modern, purpose-built, two-storey Activity Centre on Southport Marine Lake, it has become one of the biggest events in the North West, reaching maximum capacity every year. The Sprint Distance event is 750m swim / 20k cycle / 5k run, the Standard Distance is 1500m swim / 40k cycle / 10k run. The cycle course takes place on closed roads and the run course is based around the Marine Lake on tarmac paths.
British Triathlon have announced that Southport Triathlon 2021 will be an age group qualifier for the European Standard Distance Championships 2022. Additional details can be found HERE
Waterside Lodge, Marine Drive, Southport PR8 1RY
16th May 2021
What do I need to enter the event?
- A roadworthy bike (mountain bikes and hybrids are acceptable) and recognised cycle helmet.
- You must be medically sound and if you have any history of illness or injury, consult your GP beforehand.
- You must be 15 years of age for Sprint or 17 years of age for Standard Distance in the event year. Anyone under the age of 16 must provide written parental consent at registration on the day of the event.
How much to enter:
The cost to enter Southport Triathlon sprint/standard is £54/£64. This includes your BTF day license insurance. If you are already a member of the British Triathlon Federation, you already have this license as part of your BTF membership and will receive a £5 discount at the time of entry upon inputting your membership details.
Entries will close either at 12 noon on the Thursday prior to the event or when the event fills, whichever occurs first.
Included in your entry is
- Southport Triathlon finishers medal
- Southport Triathlon finishers T-shirt
- Swim cap
- Event photographs free to download from our Facebook page
Where can I find out more about the course and the event?
To read more about the event, what to expect on the day, read the event ‘guidance notes’ etc CLICK HERE