Buckingham SixPack Challenge
This is a wonderful set of trails that takes in much of the history of Buckingham and the surrounding area.
How does it work?
We’ve created six beautiful and bespoke routes of varying distances that together make up the full 26.2 miles / 42+ kilometres of the MARATHON distance.
Walk, jog or run. It’s up to you. You choose the pace. You choose when to have a go at each route. You decide in which order you walk or run the routes.
Using state-of-the-art gps mapping technology and turn-by-turn audio navigation science, we’ll keep you on track to achieve your fitness and challenge goals.
Your entry includes access to all six of these rewarding routes and one very special ‘finish line’ reward.
What do I get?
|Medals will be sent out to finishers as soon as they arrive with us. Due to COVID-19, delivery times of the medals are
slightly longer than usual.
A few notes before you go...
- It is crucial you stick to any social distancing rules that may be in force at the time you undertake any of the routes.
- We recommend undertaking the routes at quieter times of the day / week.
- Please be aware of and be courteous to all other users. You will come across dogs, cyclists and other users. Let’s all share the green space together.
- Some of the routes will, by necessity, include one or more road crossings. It is essential that you BE AWARE for your own safety at all times and be considerate to other people.
- Always respect the environment and take any litter such as gel packs and bottles home with you
- Remember you can walk, jog or run each route as many times as you like and re-upload your results.
How do I upload my time?
1) Go back to the entry page (That's here!)
2) Select the tab above that says 'Enter Result'
3) Pop in your time for whichever route you have completed
4) Add in any photos of your journey or a link to your Garmin - please note that when you view your result again later, the link you used will be in the button 'see submitted route'.
Routes and Distances
Hillesden Muddy 8K
GAWCOTTFollow the footsteps of Oliver Cromwell and be prepared for a muddy trail out towards Hillesden. Dig in for the long climb up the avenue to All Saints Church. Trail shoes with good traction for muddy conditions needed.
MORETON AVENUEA rewarding figure of 8 loop comprising two distinct sections. There is a woodland section and then out into open fields with a view towards Foscote nature reserve! Trail shoes with good traction required.
Thornborough Round 10K
THORNBOROUGH / BOURTON PARKVaried multi-terrain route which includes fields, tracks and paths with some road work. Circular loop with a couple of hillier sections. Trail shoes with plenty of traction recommended.
Coffee Dash 3K
Slightly undulating, park paths, surfaced paths. Circular loop with an out and back section. Footwear with some traction recommended, especially in wet conditions
STOWE AVENUERichly varied, multi-terrain out and back loop with several hills. Footwear with traction recommended, especially for the initial woodland section and across the parkland.
Little Tingewick Trail 7K
LITTLE TINGEWICKChocks away and you will fly off along this flat route through the old RAF base and the ancient Tingewick Woods. Footwear with good traction recommended especially for the section through the meadow.
Technology and Navigation
|Please use this fantastic app to ensure you can follow the full route directly from your phone. Download the app now and join our Buckingham SixPack Challenge to instantly get access to all the routes with full navigation.
iPhone users: https://apps.apple.com/app/rungo-guided-runs-turn-by/id712628644
Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.rungo
RunGo is the #1 running app for discovering the best routes in the world with turn-by-turn navigation. Follow a voice guided tour, including the encouraging reminder when you’re halfway there.
RunGo also tracks your runs stats like time, pace, distance, elevation and estimated finish time.
|what3words is a really simple way to talk about location. They have assigned each 3m square in the world a unique 3-word address that will never change.
For example: ‘filled.count.soap’ marks the exact entrance to what3words’ London headquarters.
People use what3words to find their tents at festivals, navigate to B&Bs, and to direct emergency services to the right place.
We have used what3words to share with you the exact start locations for each route. Please download the app – it is great for sharing your location when meeting up with people, but also really useful in emergencies and for navigation.
iPhone users: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/what3words/id657878530
Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.what3words.android&hl=en_GB
20 November 2020
31 March 2022
|Registration is closed|
Price per participant
|First 400 entries||£20.00 + fee|
|After 400 entries||£25.00 + fee|