West Lancs Triathlon takes place from Edge Hill University, which provides the perfect venue. This is one of the most highly rated events for first timers in the North West. All abilities take part including some of the region’s elite competitors, but the event has really made it’s name as the perfect first time challenge. The 400m swim takes place in the brand new pool facility, the 18.5k cycle is a flat, 3 lap course and the 5k run takes in the trails around campus before finishing on the running track to the cheers of your family and other supporters. This is part 2, as we have a West Lancs Spring Triathlon in April, but it’s usually a little warmer in August!
Edge Hill University, Saint Helens Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 4QP
Date and Time
Sunday 28th August 2022
From 6am onwards
What do I need to enter the event?
- A roadworthy bike (mountain bikes and hybrids are acceptable) and recognised cycle helmet.
- You must be medically sound and if you have any history of illness or injury, consult your GP beforehand.
- You must be 15 years of age in the event year. Anyone under the age of 16 must provide written parental consent at registration on the day of the event.
How much to enter:
The cost to enter West Lancs Triathlon is £49 for a solo entry and £60 for a relay entry (team of 3). This includes your BTF day license insurance. If you are a member of the British Triathlon Federation, you already have this license as part of your BTF membership and will receive a £5 discount at the time of entry upon inputting your membership details.
Entries will close either at 12 noon on the Thursday prior to the event or when the event fills, whichever occurs first.
Included within your entry is
- West Lancs Triathlon finishers medal
- West Lancs Triathlon finishers T-shirt
- Swim cap
- Free downloadable event photographs
Where can I find out more about the course and the event
Read more about the event and what to expect on the day, read the event ‘guidance notes’ etc by CLICKING HERE